5 Reasons to choose a pediatric dentist for your child's dental care
So what makes going to a pediatric dentist different than going to a general family dentist? Well there are a few things! Here are 5 reasons to consider choosing a Pediatric Dentist for you Child’s Dental Care:
- Extra schooling. After dental school a pediatric dentist must complete three additional years of training for infants, children, teens, and children with special needs. This training is focused specifically on caring for children. A pediatric dentist has training in both the appropriate care for children’s teeth (which can be different than adult teeth) as well as the care of the child. Pediatric Dentist are trained in compassionate behavior management of children, which helps to encourage a happy, positive experience when going to the dentist.
- Constantly around children. Pediatric dentists are always around children! This means that they know how to make your child comfortable with their dentist visit. It also means that they know how to treat children without being intimidating or creating any fear. This can be very helpful for your child on their first visit and each visit after. It can be scary visiting the dentist, especially for the first time, but a pediatric dentist can help to create a fun and safe environment for your child.
- Comfortable office. Children tend to feel more comfortable at a pediatric dentist office because of the stuffed animals, toys, and smaller furniture. A pediatric dentist office is certainly more kid friendly than an ordinary family dentist office. Also, your child will be surrounded by other children! Being around other children can help to alleviate any fears your child may have.
- Specific training. A pediatric dentist is trained to be able to work with children’s teeth, gums, and mouths. It’s no surprise that most parents choose a pediatric dentist just as they choose a pediatrician to care for their child’s health and medical needs. Everyone has their specialty, and a pediatric dentist specializes in children’s dental care.
- Very resourceful. Each professional in a pediatric dentist office serves as an excellent resource for any questions you may have about your child’s oral health. Everyone in the office is an expert on child dental care and can provide you with sound advice. We make it a priority in our office to share our knowledge with you! This way, you’ll know just what to do in any situation regarding your child’s oral health.
It’s important to us to start your child off on the right foot at our Beaches Pediatric Dental office. At Sunrise Kids Dental, we recommend bringing your child in for their first dental visit once their first tooth has come in, or by the age of one. For more information, please feel free to call us at 647-350-7562, or fill out a contact form.